iSIGN began in the spring 2006 as a digital signage company offering location-based proximity marketing from its signs to handheld mobile devices. The company evolved to iSIGN’s Interactive Media Solutions, which consisted of our proprietary IMS 2.0 platform of feature-rich, flexible and scalable hardware and software. Today’s IMS 3.1 features dual porting for Linux or Windows, multi-lingual capabilities and our own 128-bit encryption software for added security. In the Spring of 2012 our first set of Smart Antenna's finished production. The Smart Antenna uses the same Bluetooth technology as the IMS but now also has WiFi capabilities to connect with iPhone users broadening our mobile messaging abilities. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, with R&D and customer support operations in Vancouver, BC and Tampa, FL, the Company has also grown to become the largest owner/operator of in-store digital media in Canada and third largest in North America with 6,000 digital signs in over 1,400 locations. ISIGN Media Corp. has reached the significant milestone of identifying one million mobile devices per day.
Timeline of important events:
- 2008 – Partnered with IBM
- Sept 2009 – iSIGN Media Corp. went public
- May 2010 – OEM Agreement with AOpen America Inc.
- July 2010 – Distribution Agreement with BlueStar
- Feb 2010 – Partnered with BroadSign International Inc.
- Sept 2011 – Opening of iSIGN office in Clearwater
- Oct 2011 – Acquired Pinpoint Media Group
- Jan 2012 – Signed 5 year agreement with Mac’s Milk/Couche-Tard
- Feb 2012 – Partnered with TELUS
- May 2012 – Signed LOI with Snipp Interactive Inc.
- May 2012 – Appoints Seneca Data Distributors as manufacturer of record
- May 2012 – Signed licencing agreement with DAT Media
- May 2012 – Signed licencing agreement with Carroll Advertising
- June 2012 – Trading on OTCQX, Symbol ISDSF
- June 2012 – Signed LOI with Graphicmedia, Inc.
- July 2012 – Moved into larger premises to accommodate company expansion
- Aug 2012 - Signed second licencing agreement with GraphicMedia
- Aug 2012 - Signed LOI with Chinney Alliance Engineering
- Aug 2012 - Test program with National Oil, through GraphicMedia