SMART ANTENNA BY iSIGN
Commercial Location-based Proximity Marketing
Smart Antenna being an all-in-one device: hardware, a combination Bluetooth/Wi-Fi transceiver.
The Smart Antenna uses Bluetooth to identify mobile devices including phones and tablets and to push messages to these devices when they are within 300ft (100m). This device also features Wi-Fi to interactively communicate with almost every Smartphone including iPhones within 300ft (100m). Our technology allows for anonymous metrics to be collected for analytics, without infringing on a customer’s privacy.
The cost of the Smart Antenna and messaging is based on an economical daily fee that is charged on a monthly basis once the Smart Antenna is installed. The monthly fee combines the hardware costs and broadcasting fee into one easily managed payment and eliminates the need for an upfront equipment purchase. Contact iSIGN for additional information.
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communications with mobile devices are direct, free, and measurable - giving broadcasters access to large amounts of data and information at no cost to the consumer. The Smart Antenna device can be either powered via a battery with a wireless Internet connection or via a 1m -100m POE cable (Power Over Ethernet) with an internet connection through a modem or router. To further simplify installation, the Smart Antenna is capable of outdoor all-weather use.
How iSIGN's Smart Antenna Works
When a customer enters the broadcasting range (30ft - 300ft, or 10m - 100m), the Smart Antenna (SA) unit will ping the customer's mobile device, asking if the customer wants to receive messages, including special discount offers or other information.
- The Smart Antenna unit transmits via Bluetooth® while iSIGN's proprietary Smart Antenna supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi connections are initiated by consumers. They connect to the Smart Antenna as an open Access Point (AP) and then launch their web browser and get redirected to a landing page. From this page, they can select an effectively unlimited amount of content.
- Behind the scenes, Bluetooth discoveries and interaction data are logged along with Wi-Fi connection and interaction data. This data is then presented within reports or as raw data for gaining valuable marketing information and “Shopper Insight”.
- The customer must opt IN or OUT.
- If the customer chooses to opt in they will receive a multi-lingual, media-rich and secure message in the form of coupons, ads, video or music at no cost to the consumer.
- The customer is enticed by the call-to-action and carries out the desired action.
- If the customer opts out they will not be pinged with a second attempt for the offer.
What It Does
iSIGN’s Smart Antenna solution can run as a standalone device, or it can integrate with signage networks, kiosks, and point of sale (POS) devices. The Smart Antenna interacts with mobile devices using Wifi and Bluetooth to provide customers with rich media content. This also allows businesses to collect consumer data for detailed analysis.
- Respects individual privacy by tracking via the the mobile phone’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi MAC addresses.
- Is absolutely FREE and requires no cell carrier coverage (carrier agnostic).
- Captures connection and interaction history for connected mobile devices.
- Consumers get relevant, proximity-based content that can include discounts.
- Businesses get cost-effective, mobile-friendly advertising and metrics in real-time.
- Complements Digital Signage - iSIGN's software utilizes the same hardware supporting the sign to transmit Bluetooth messages (in any language) to draw consumers into a store, or up to a sign. The Smart Antenna runs as a standalone device and communicates wtih Digital Signage, Kiosks, and other systems in real-time.
Smart Antenna Benefits
iSIGN advertising is proximity advertising. Research shows that consumers receiving an ad within proximity to a retailer are far more likely to act on the ad. This is attributed to the fact that very little user work is required to act upon the impulse to purchase what the ad supports.
- Polling - Get consumer feedback on products in real-time.
- Product Details and Menus - Give consumers the ability to view a detailed menu with product information, promotions, as well as the ability to order.
- Real-Time Analytics - A comprehensive back-end analytics dashboard provides businesses with actionable insights and the ability to send targetted messaging or rapidly test advertising campaigns.
- Wayfinding - Businesses can identify users locations via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth signals to provide directions in real-time.
- Loyalty Programs - Businesses can create targeted advertising based on their users' location, history, and more. For example, businesses can track loyal members to provide additional offers.
The Bottom Line
- The cost of engaging a consumer at any time is $.03 or less, which is significantly lower than print.
- Smart Antenna is easy to implement, rebrand, and use.
- It is FREE to the consumer.
- Can be a source of significant revenue for the retailer.
- The system requires no capital to implement.
- See real-time data, analyze results immediately, and adjust ads quickly.
- Unlike billboard advertising, the consumer is already in the store and ready to make a purchase.
- Allows advertising agencies to differentiate themselves - the better the content, the greater the participation!